For you hungry battling gamers.
Army Goulash (Gooey)
During World War II, this dish would have been made with one of three kinds of canned beef: one lightly seasoned from the US or Argentina called "Canned Horse"; the British version known as "Bully Beef" or the unpleasant tasting French version from Madagascar called "Monkey Meat."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 6 1/2 ounces tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper ( to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Chili powder
- Brown ground beef with onions.
- Mix in pork and beans, chili powder to taste, salt and pepper to taste and tomato sauce. Simmer for about 30 minutes.